The delivery position is responsible for driving a tractor trailer for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products for Dori Foods & Good Source Solutions customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations. Overtime hours and starting at various early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations.
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Perform coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as needed.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Follow Dori Foods & Good Source Solutions preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, STS unit, and personal protective equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 21+ years of age
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver License with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Possess and be able to present a valid non-expired interstate Medical Examiner’s Certificate Card (MEC). (You may be asked to provide: MEC issue date, first and last name of Medical Examiner, Medical Examiner’s license or certificate number, and state of issue, as well as Medical Examiner’s national registry number at time of application.)
- Self-certified as a non-exempted interstate driver with the state licensing agency that issued the CDL (commercial driver license) (Please note: effective May 21, 2014 medical examiners performing DOT medical certifications must be registered and certified in the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME), and the examiner’s certification date must precede the physical date.)
- Pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- 2 years’ local food or beverage delivery experience
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, the following certifications:
- Double Trailer
- Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience
- Previous experience in foodservice industry
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Overtime hours and starting at various early morning start times are required.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds.
- Frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart.
- Constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- At times, transport product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product weighing 1-75 pounds up to 100 pounds;
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Company: Dori Foods
Location: Richmond, VA
Category: Transportation Jobs
Type: Full Time
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Yrs. Experience: 2
Please email a cover letter and resume to our VP of Human Resources, Lori Wolner, at email@example.com.