- At Dori Foods, we offer our team members the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Under general supervision, accurately & efficiently select products in the warehouse and prepare them for shipping while maintaining a clean and safe work environment. An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read customer order from voice activated head set and select product by slot & description.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets in proper sequence. Attach labels that are pre-printed
- Operate electric pallet jack (2- pallet length) to proceed to correct slot location, and transport product to dock area for staging.
- Report merchandise slots in need of replenishing. *Handle products with necessary care, so as to limit damage.
- Report any damage of merchandise, equipment or facility to a Supervisor.
- Adhere to company safety policies, procedures and work rules.
- Perform daily equipment checks.
- Assist in clean-up of the facility.
- Use basic communication skills to understand work systems, instructions, etc.
- Use basic computer skills to operate selection system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Selector may work in any of (3) areas: dry, cooler (30° – 35°) or freezer (0°).
- General supervision is received from Warehouse Supervisor.
- High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- Six months of prior warehouse experience is preferred.
- Ability to handle up to 100 lbs.; 45 lbs. regularly is required. Must be able to squat, stand and walk for an extended amount of time.
- Must have reading and mathematical skills and be highly organized.
- Power equipment certification preferred.
Company: Dori Foods
Location: Richmond, VA
Category: Warehouse Jobs
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Yrs. Experience: 6 months preferred, will consider training
Please email a cover letter and resume to our VP of Human Resources, Lori Wolner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.